TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES
- NYSPHSAA rules will apply, except where superseded below. AAU Age and Grade Eligibility Requirements apply.
- The first team listed on the schedule (left hand column) will be designated as the HOME team and is expected to wear a white or light colored uniform.
- All Pool Play games will be played with 16 minute stop time halves.
- All CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND games will be played with 14 minute stop time halves.
- There will be no Shot Clock
- Four (4) minute warm-up will be provided prior to each game. Halftime will be two (2) minutes in length.
- Each team will be awarded two (2) full timeouts per game and one (1) 20 second timeout per half.
- The one and one bonus will be awarded on the 10th team foul of each half.
- A player will be disqualified from a game after he receives his 6th personal foul.
- ALL overtime periods will be two (2) minutes in length.
- Each team will receive one (1) additional full timeout per overtime period.
- ALL overtimes will start with a jump ball.
- Each team must provide their own scorekeeper in order to keep the book. The scoreclock will be operated by GymRat UNLIMITED personnel. The first team listed on the schedule will act as the home team, and their scorebook will be the 'official book' for the game.
- Each team is responsible for their own warm-up basketballs. The ROCK will be used as the official game ball of the GymRat CHALLENGE.
- If a situation occurs in which one team builds a lead of thirty (30) points or more, the game will be converted to running time (clock stops only for team and offical timeouts) until the lead is cut to twenty (20) points or less, or the game ends.
- Players are PROHIBITED from wearing jewelry during game competition. All jewelry MUST BE REMOVED prior to game competition. Taping over jewelry will NOT be allowed.
- THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME AND DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat CHALLENGE AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- ANY PLAYER OR COACH RECEIVING TWO TECHNICAL FOULS IN ONE GAME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY EJECTED FROM THAT GAME. ANY PLAYER OR COACH EJECTED FROM A GAME FOR ANY REASON, WILL ALSO BE SUSPENDED FROM PARTICIPATION IN HIS TEAM'S NEXT GAME. SUSPENDED COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE TEAM BENCH AREA.
- AT TOURNAMENT STAFF/DIRECTOR'S DISCRETION, ANY PLAYER, COACH, TEAM SUPPORT PERSONNEL, TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANT, OR FAN EXHIBITING CONDUCT UNBECOMING TO THE EVENT, MAY BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND/OR EJECTION FROM THE TOURNAMENT VENUES AT ANY TIME.
- On-site Athletic Trainers are NOT responsible for pre-game preventative care (i.e. ankle taping) or treatment of pre-tournament/pre-existing injuries or conditions. Teams are responsible for supplying their own athletic tape and supplies.
- Championship Round play is HIGHLY competitive and intense. Because of the intensely high level of competition, multiple overtime games have become the norm. In order to claim a GymRat CHALLENGE Championship, teams must demonstrate not only a high level of skill, but also tremendous endurance. Every effort will be made to keep games on schedule, but because of the strong likelihood for overtime games, TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND SHOULD BUILD FLEXIBILITY INTO THEIR TRAVEL PLANS.
Game sites will be numbered as follows (Directions to all sites):
Courts #1-4: Skidmore College
Courts #5-7: Saratoga High School
Courts #8-9: Saratoga Maple Avenue Middle School
Courts #10-13: Saratoga Middle School
Courts #14-17: Union College's Vanair Athletic Complex
Courts #18-20: Schenectady High Shool
Courts #21-23: Niskayuna High School
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.
Championship Round Bracket Announcement meetings will be held in each age division to announce seedings, games times, and game sites for Championship Round play. The criteria for gaining entry into the Championship Round and the seeding process will be outlined and prominently displayed at all tournament venues, and will be provided to all coaches at check-in as a part of the Game Schedule/Welcome packet. Times and locations of Championship Round Bracket Announcement meetings will also be provided to all coaches at check-in as a part of the Game Schedule/Welcome packet.
Team Takeover Caron Butler
View All Rankings