The expanded and record-setting 276 team field for the 2012 GymRat CHALLENGE is now set, making the GymRat CHALLENGE the largest event of its kind in the Eastern United States, the third largest event of its kind on the entire North American continent, and unquestionably one of the most complete and competitive events of the summer.
PLEASE NOTE: Teams withdrawing from the event after the schedule has been posted receive absolutely no refund AND may be prohibited from competing in future GymRat CHALLENGE events.
For each Age Division (12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U), the following documents are provided:
- An ALPHABETICAL listing of all entries in order to allow you to identify your POOL placement (**PLEASE REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT TO LOCATE YOUR TEAM’S POOL ASSIGNMENT)
- Game Schedules in both BLACK & WHITE (for ease of printing) and COLOR (for ease of viewing and identifying all three of your team's Pool Play games)
- Championship Round brackets and details
DIRECTIONS to all GymRat CHALLENGE competition venues can be found on www.GymRatCHALLENGE.com. COURT NUMBERS associated with each venue are also indicated. Where applicable, we have provided GPS addresses for your convenience. GPS is only advisable for use when traveling to our non-collegiate facilities. Generally speaking, college and universities only provide street addresses for centrally located points on their campuses. Locating those addresses via GPS systems may get you to the college campus, but will likely NOT place you near the competition venue. The directions that are provided on GymRatCHALLENGE.com are specifically designed to get you to the entrance of the competition venue. Where GPS is not available or applicable, please refer to those directions that we have taken the time to provide and test. For your additional reference and convenience, we have also provided links to our host facility websites.
**PLEASE NOTE: Courts 1-4 are located at SKIDMORE COLLEGE. Skidmore is located in scenic Saratoga Springs, NY. Of specific note, there is a road race taking place through the Skidmore campus on SUNDAY morning. Teams traveling to Skidmore for Sunday games should allow extra time due to race day traffic.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TEAMS MUST ARRIVE AT THEIR GAME SITE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIME. If time permits, we will begin games early in order to keep the tournament running on schedule throughout the weekend.
Team CHECK-IN will take place at the site of your first game. At the time of CHECK-IN, we will need to know your team hotel, number of rooms you've booked at the hotel property, and contact information (contact person/coach cell phone number, etc.).
We look forward to having your team(s) compete on May 26th and 27th along with a field representing some of the best programs and players in the nation. In keeping with our reputation, our staff is busily preparing the final event details, and our team of over 30 evaluators is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to identify rising national stars on both the team and individual level. If approached by one of our evaluators, please give them your time to provide applicable information about potential ALL-GymRat CHALLENGE performers. Through our e-ROSTER system, the GymRat CHALLENGE will be the ONLY EVENT IN THE NATION to provide roster and player data ELECTRONICALLY to college coaches, scouting services, and media. Over 130 college programs, scouting services, and publications are expected to be attendance from college coaches and basketball media.
Please refer to www.GymRatCHALLENGE.com for any additional event details, and don't hesitate to contact the tournament office directly at 1-888-7-GYMRAT (1-888-749-6728) or e-mail PLAY@GymRatCHALLENGE.com if you have any questions or comments.
Please also note the following reminders:
Game sites will be numbered as follows:
Courts #1-4: SKIDMORE College
Courts #5-7: SARATOGA HIGH SCHOOL
Courts #8-9: SARATOGA MAPLE AVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Courts #10-13: SARATOGA REC CENTER
Courts #14-17: UNION College's VANAIR ATHLETIC COMPLEX
Courts #18-20: SCHENECTADY HIGH SCHOOL
Courts #21-23: NISKAYUNA HIGH SCHOOL
Click HERE for directions to ALL game sites
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.
- PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPONIBLE FOR ALL GAMES RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT. GymRat CHALLENGE RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. GAME RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT CAN BE FOUND IN THE GAME RULES SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. THE GymRat CHALLENGE IS AN AAU SANCTIONED EVENT. AS SUCH, THE GymRat CHALLENGE FOLLOWS THE PRESCRIBED CODE OF CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE GUIDELINES FOR THAT ORGANIZATION. AS SUCH, COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SLIPPERS OR SANDALS ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, COACHES MUST WEAR A COLLARED SHIRT (MOCK NECK IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE) ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, AND COACHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WEAR BASEBALL HATS, DOO RAGS (WAVE CAPS) OR BEANIES WHILE COACHING DURING THE EVENT.
- THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME, REQUIRED TO SIT OUT THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME, AND MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat CHALLENGE AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THEIR THREE GAME GUARANTEE AND COMPETE IN ALL SCHEDULED GAMES. ANY TEAM FORFEITING FOR FAILING TO APPEAR IN ANY GAME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR AN ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION FEE ($550) AND SUBJECT TO A BAN FROM COMPETING IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION (BIRTH CERTIFICATES, AAU CARDS, PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS, ETC.) FOR ALL PLAYERS AT THE EVENT IN CASE OF A PROTEST OR AGE ELIGIBIILITY VERIFICATION SITUATION. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT, AS AN AAU SANCTIONED AND GBOA ENDORSED EVENT, THE GymRat CHALLENGE STRICTLY ADHERES TO AAU GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. THOSE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE “WHO, WHAT, WHERE,…” SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PLAYER COMPETING IN THE 17:U AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE REMAINING HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY AND MUST TURN 19 YEARS OLD ON OR AFTER SEPTEMBER 1ST. PLAYERS ATTENDING PREP SCHOOL IN THE FALL OF 2012 MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF THEIR PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION. THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER FROM THE PREP SCHOOL ADMISSIONS OFFICE VERIFYING THE PLAYERS ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FALL TERM. PLAYERS NOT MEETING THE GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT DIRECTORS, TEAMS USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS MAY BE DISQUALIFED FROM THE EVENT, FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS, AND/OR FUTURE AAU SANCTIONED OR GBOA ENDORSED EVENTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THESE REQUIREMENTS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS ARE WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS IMMEDIATELY. WITH THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THIS EVENT, HOTEL SPACE HAS BECOME VERY LIMITED. YOU MAY VIEW THE EVENT PREFERRED HOTEL LIST ONLINE, OR SIMPLY CALL 1-866-507-7015, AND A HOTEL RESERVATIONS EXPERT FROM OUR LODGING LOGISTICS PARTNER, ARN, WILL ASSIST WITH ALL OF YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION NEEDS.
- TEAM CHECK-IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME
- WE WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR TEAM HOTEL, # OF ROOMS BOOKED, AND TEAM CONTACT ROOM # WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME.
- ALL REASONABLE, FEASIBLE, AND POSSIBLE SPECIAL REQUESTS ARE CONDSIDERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. ALTHOUGH WE ATTEMPT TO MEET EVERY REASONABLE SPECIAL REQUEST RECEIVED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, SOME ARE SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE, BECAUSE OF THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THE EVENT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FLEXIBILITY.
- Following the conclusion of Pool Play, Bracket Meetings in each age division will be held to announce the seedings for Championship Round Play. Times and sites for Bracket Meetings can be found on all game schedules and will be posted at all tournament venues. All teams in contention to advance to Championship Round Play must have a representative at these meetings.
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND PLAY IS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE AND INTENSE. BECAUSE OF THE INTENSELY HIGH LEVEL OF COMPETITION, MULTIPLE OVERTIME GAMES HAVE BECOME THE NORM. IN ORDER TO CLAIM A GYMRAT CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP, TEAMS MUST DEMONSTRATE NOT ONLY A HIGH LEVEL OF SKILL, BUT ALSO TREMENDOUS ENDURANCE. EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO KEEP GAMES ON SCHEDULE, BUT BECAUSE OF THE INTENSE LEVEL OF COMPETITION AND STRONG LIKELIHOOD FOR OVERTIME GAMES, TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND SHOULD BUILD FLEXIBILITY INTO THEIR TRAVEL PLANS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER ALL TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SCOREKEEPERS TO KEEP THE BOOK. TOURNAMENT PERSONNEL WILL OPERATE THE SCORECLOCKS.
- ON-SITE ATHLETIC TRAINERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATION AND INJURY CARE ONLY. TEAMS ARE RESPONSILBE FOR THEIR OWN PREVENTITIVE CARE AND EQUIPMENT (i.e., ANKLE TAPING AND TAPE).
- GymRat CHALLENGE GEAR WILL BE ON SALE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST ONLY. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHIP MERCHANDISE AFTER THE EVENT. TEAMS THAT HAVE ORDERED T-SHIRTS IN ADVANCE WILL HAVE THEIR ORDER WAITING FOR THEM AT CHECK-IN.
- FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ALL EVENT PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ISSUED WRIST BANDS THAT MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND. THESE WRIST BANDS WILL ALLOW PLAYERS AND COACHES ENTRY INTO ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES. THESE WRISTBANDS WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL ROSTERED PLAYERS AND TO A MAXIMUM OF TWO (2) COACHES OR BENCH SUPPORT PERSONNEL PER TEAM. WRISTBANDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED TO ANY NON-BENCH PERSONNEL.
- ENTRY TO TOURNAMENT SITES WILL BE DENIED WITHOUT WRISTBAND AND/OR TICKETS. TOURNAMENT PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL SITES FOR $15, AND ONE-DAY PASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR $10.
- ANY PERSON FOUND ENTERING THE EVENT WITHOUT A TICKET OR WITH UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A COMPETITION WRISTBAND WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE VENUE AND IMMEDIATELY REMANDED TO THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- EACH TEAM WILL RECEIVE ONE EVENT PROGRAM. A LIMITED NUMBER OF EVENT PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN PRINTED AND WILL BE ON SALE AT ALL VENUES FOR $5 ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. PARENTS AND FANS THAT WISH TO PURCHASE EVENT PROGRAMS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO DO SO WHEN THEY BUY THEIR TICKET FOR ENTRY INTO THE EVENT.
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.
Click on a pdf icon ("") to download Schedules & Results.
Pool ScheduleNo schedule yet.
Pool ResultsNo results yet.
Bracket ScheduleNo schedule yet.
Bracket ResultsNo results yet.
Team Takeover Caron Butler
View All Rankings