Basketbull Tournament Rules:
Girls Tournaments: :10 back court and in the lane on ball touching rim on Free Throws. Use of 28.5 ball.
Game Time: All age divisions will play TWO 16-minute halves. Stop time. Grades 6th and younger play 14-minute halves. Overtime will be 2 minutes.
Timeouts: Each team will be allowed three timeouts per game. One additional timeout will be added per team for each overtime period.
Bonus Shooting: Teams will shoot 1 and 1 on the 10th team foul. Teams will shoot 2 shots on the 13th team foul.
Game Play: There will be a 4 minutes of warm-up and a 3 minute half-time break. 1st Team listed on schedule is home team (white/light uniforms) and must provide table scorekeeper. Game ball chosen by referees. 28.5 for 6th grade and younger.
Personal Fouls: A player is disqualified after 5 fouls in all age divisions. If NCAA certified event, player will be given 6 fouls
No Tolerance Any player or coach ejected from a game cannot participate in the following game. Any player/coach involved in a fight during the game will be eliminated from the tournament.
Forfeit Rules: If a team purposely forfeits a game, they will be seeded last within their pool for championship rounds. If a team misses a game due to traffic or short-handed players, they will automatically forfeit the game and lose -15. Teams have a 15-minute grace period before the game is called.
Uniforms: Each team should come with a dark and light set of uniforms. The first team listed on the schedule is the HOME team and wears the light uniform.
Mercy Rule: If a team is winning by more than 20 points with 5 minutes or less remaining in the game, running time will occur until the lead falls below 20 points. If 30 or more in 2nd half, clock will RUN until under 30.
Game Ball: Any girls division or boys division 6th grade or younger will use a 28.5 basketball, women’s basketball. All other age groups will use a normal men’s basketball.
- In the instance where there is a tie among 2 or more teams within a pool, we will apply the following tie-breaker rules, in the following order:
- Head to Head Record between teams involved
- Point differential – teams will be given a maximum of +15 points and the total points will be used, win or lose.
- Least points allowed in your pool games. If you play more than 3 pool play games, you will use your best 3 games.
- Coin flip handled by tournament directors.
- If a team purposely forfeits a game, they will be seeded last within their pool for championship rounds
- If there is a 3-way tie, we will automatically start at the Point differential tie-breaker.
Home Team – Scorekeeper
- The 1st team listed in schedule or top team listed in bracket is the home team and is required to provide 1 worker for the table. The home team must also wear light uniforms or have two sets ready.
- Game ball will be chosen by referees from either team.
Team Takeover Caron Butler
View All Rankings